The organizing committees are working to create a virtual conference that will be valuable and engaging for both presenters and attendees.
Immediate guidance for authors or attendees wishing to apply for student grants to attend or present during the virtual conference will soon be given.
Prospective student paper authors are encouraged to submit motivations for student grants to attend the conference. Two types of grants are available
- Student registration fee grant (10 available).
- Proof of registration for 2020 academic year at an institution of higher learning must be provided, or a student card indicating the period of validity.
- The student must be the first author on an accepted paper. If an applicant’s submitted paper is rejected, the grant application automatically becomes disqualified.
- The student must present his/her paper at the conference.
- The student or his/her institution must be able to cover any funding shortfall arising from the above grants.
- Financial need
- Quality of paper submission
- Submitted motivation
Note: Since funding for these grants were obtained from the South African National Research Foundation, a portion of the grants will be reserved for South African and African students, whereas the rest will be for students from other countries.